Thursday, March 15, 2012

First Signs of Spring

Spring is coming!! I can't say that we've had a particularly hard winter and that I've been waiting at the window to see the ground and some sprouting, because we've been sprouting since December! With that said, seeing color is always a wonderful thing. The first signs of spring around here are the usual crocus and green daffodil leaves poking out. My first daffodil blooms typically around March 15. I was expecting it to bloom the first week of March, but it waited until the 9th.
(Note all the green there means that there is a large cluster of bulbs that want to come out....!)
Here are the first few Crocus that popped up... now I have them all over in purple, purple & white striped & white:
Another spring treat I've been waiting for are my Hellebore. I was really hoping to have a lot this year, but it looks like I need to wait another year for that to happen.
Finally a real treat are pops of color where I have my ground phlox! They are at the beginning of our driveway in this gravel area that has become a mini garden of sorts. The full bloom will be towards the end of April, but it's great seeing a few them opening now.

No comments:

Post a Comment